I am a keen follower of the daily podcast Entrepreneur On Fire, where John Lee Dumas interviews a different entrepreneur every day.
It is a minefield of business gems. The entrepreneurs share their success quotes, failures, how they bounced back from failures, their light bulb or “Ah ha” moments, favourite internet resource and favourite book.
The fact that this podcast even exists is a testament to the entrepreneurial spirit. Dumas was told by many so-called experts that there was no way he would succeed in producing a 30 minute interview with a different entrepreneur each and every day. He simply wouldn’t keep up the pace to make it a worthy enterprise. Or so they said.
Wind forward 507 days. Yes, at the time of writing this post, Dumas has published episode #507 of his daily series. His income is growing month on month. In February 2014 it was more than $166,000. How do I know that?
Each month Dumas publishes a special podcast where he shares his income and expenditure with the world. Entrepreneur on Fire now has more than 450,000 daily downloads and is growing. Dumas regularly speaks at major business conferences for huge fees as a result of his success.
I thought I’d share with you just 10 of what I feel are the best internet resources recommended by Dumas’ guests. Here they are:
- Workflowy – an organisational tool to help to take notes, make lists, collaborate, brainstorm, and plan.
- Asana – teamwork without email.
- Prismatic – find relevant content on items that interest you.
- TeamworkPM – organise your team to reduce unnecessary meetings and get things done.
- Haiku Deck – for presentations that inspire.
- Skitch – get your point across using annotation, shapes and sketches.
- FancyHands – to do all those things you don’t have time to do.
- Evernote – remember everything.
- TimeDoctor –time tracking software to simplify management.
- Readability – turns any web page into a clean view for reading now or later on your computer, smartphone, or tablet.
Alan Lewis, Employment Partner
If you have any queries regarding this post please do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org